Neil Vanderkruk Holdings Inc.
Print Plant Details
Hemerocallis 'Siloam Tiny Tim'
More About Hemerocallis 'Siloam Tiny Tim'
- Blue/Purple blend with dark-purple eye-zone and green throat
- Green, slender grass-like foliage
- Flower Height: 40cm
- Flower Size: 7.5cm
- Flowering Time: mid-July to mid-August
- Flower Type: diploid
- Hemerocallis-latin meaning: 'Beauty of one single day' refers to the individual flower lasting for about one day.
- All parts of the of the daylily are edible, though the flowers are most frequently used in salads
Height: 35-40 cm
Spread: 40-50 cm
Genus Overview: Hemerocallis
Common Name: Daylily
Growing and Maintenance Tips:
- Prefers average to moist soils, well drained soils in full sun. Tolerates part shade (especially darker cultivars) in the hottest parts of the day. Tolerant of a wide range of soils.
- Diploids: Daylilies with 2 sets of chromosomes. Usually faster growing, producing more "grassy" growth and ever-blooming types.
- Tetraploids: Daylilies with 4 sets of chromosomes. Usually produces wider and heavier foliage with thick sturdy stems. Flowers are larger with thicker petals, and colors are more intense.
- Rebloomers: Plants bloom heaviest during the listed flowering time and then sporadically during the rest of the season.
- Cut Flower/Foliage
- Salt Tolerant
- Partial sun/shade
- Full Sun
- Moist to average
- Well Drained